Leave a Bequest
A bequest is a simple way to make a lasting gift to The Arts Students League. You can provide now for a future gift to the League by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable living trust.
By making a bequest you do not part with anything today—but when your gift is received, it will help ensure that The Art Students League will be here, pursuing its rich traditions, for generations to come.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime
- You can modify your bequest if your circumstances change
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose. Please be sure to check with our Director of Development to make sure your gift can be used as intended
- You may potentially realize significant estate tax savings
- You know that your gift will benefit the future of the Art Students League
- You will be invited to join the League’s legacy society
You can arrange with your attorney and financial adviser to make a gift from your estate. These professionals can also describe the tax advantages involved in your particular circumstances. Often the gift language reads: “I hereby give and bequeath to The Art Students League of New York, located in New York City, the sum of _____ dollars (or _____% of the total value of my estate).”
For more information about bequests and other gifts that become effective after your lifetime, or for gift planning ideas tailored to your personal situation, please contact Jennifer Solomon, Chief Development Officer, at 212-247-2510, ext. 161, or at email@example.com