Wednesday & Thursday
Wednesday or Thursday
Instructor present every day
Enrollment limited to 30 students
Please request supply list
Students will be working in oils in this class.
• Paint with your eyes, your mind, and your intuition. Technique comes second.
• Get in over your head, take on big challenges.
• Think abstractly. Don’t attach a name to the things you paint.
• Focus on the process more than the outcome
• Don’t imitate.
• Watch your state of mind while you work.
• Paint directly, use a knife, and load it up.
• Have some fun & don’t obsess.
• Feeling is everything!
Note: Solid drawing and basic oil painting experience is recommended. Please contact instructor if you have any questions.
Christopher Gallego (b. New York 1959) studied at the School of Visual arts, the National Academy School of Fine Arts, and the Art Students League of New York. He has received fellowships from the New York Foundation for the Arts, the Pollock-Krasner Foundation, the Marie Walsh Sharpe Foundation, the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, and the Rathbone Family of Art Historians. Exhibitions include OK Harris, Hirschl & Adler, the New Britain Museum of American Art, the Arkansas Arts Center, the Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts, and the Rockefeller Fund. Gallego’s monthly blog posts are read by tens of thousands of artists and non-artists worldwide. For more information visit www.chrisgallego.com.