Gamblin Artist Colors will be presenting their wares to the League students during this free talk, demo, and meet ‘n greet. Don’t miss this chance to check out the latest products by Gamblin! Their 90-minute lecture-demonstration in the gallery, Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting, will cover the following:
• Artist’s Oil Colors – Gamblin’s approach to color making
• Color Theory – 2-dimensional vs 3-dimensional Color Space
• Color Mixing – Navigating Color Space: Gamblin’s practical approach to color mixing
• Mineral vs Modern Pigments – How to create a personalized palette of colors
• Indirect vs Direct Techniques – Historical application of opaque and transparent colors
• FastMatte Alkyd Oil Colors – Benefits and uses of fast-drying, matte oil colors
• Galkyd Painting Mediums – Focus on working properties and choosing the right medium
• Building Permanent Paintings – Understanding Fat Over Lean approaches
• Supports, Sizing and Grounds – How they affect color and permanence
• Studio Safety – How to create a safe studio environment using Gamsol OMS
• Gamvar Picture Varnish – Understanding contemporary varnishes & controlling surface quality
• All attendees will receive FREE Gamblin Product & Literature!
About the Presenter: Sarah Becktel graduated from the Tyler School of Art in 2005 with a BFA in painting, and continued her studies of representational drawing and painting at multiple locations including Studio Incamminati in Philadelphia and the Art Students League in New York. She has exhibited her art in both solo and group exhibitions throughout the U.S. Sarah is a member of ASTM International’s subcommittee for artist materials, where she helps to revise and maintain standards and lightfastness testing. Her artwork can be seen at: www.sarahbecktel.com.
About Gamblin: Since our founding, Gamblin Artists Colors has handcrafted luscious oil colors and contemporary mediums true to the working properties of traditional materials, yet safer and more permanent. Gamblin’s dedication to today’s oil painters extends beyond offering the finest possible materials — we believe in sharing our knowledge so painters can choose those materials that best support their own artistic visions.