The League Residency at Vyt provides opportunity for artists seeking to reserve time dedicated to their creative livelihood. Residents are given individual space to focus on the pursuit of artmaking. Fostering development for working and emerging professionals, The League Residency at Vyt is an integral part of the Art Students League of New York's enduring mission to train great artists.
There is no fee to apply to The League Residency at Vyt. Each residency session is scheduled from the 1st – 28th of the month. Applicants may select a preference for 4 or 8 week residencies, which may be awarded based on availability. It is recommended that candidates apply 6 months in advance of their preferred residency session, according to the following deadlines:
- December 1: application deadline for June, July, August, September sessions
- April 1: application deadline for October, November, December, January sessions
- August 1: application deadline for February, March, April, May sessions (Please note, April 2015 is not available at this time.)
You will need to have the following information ready to complete this application. Please make sure your submission is completed by filling out each of the sections of this online application. You will see a confirmation page when you have completed the application successfully.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may upload your C.V. or Résumé as a PDF (Please, no more than 2 pages, file named LastName_FirstName_CV.pdf)
2. CONTACT INFORMATION
- Submit two names for reference. (You must include their contact information: email, phone)
4. STATEMENT OF INTENT
- Describe the project(s) you intend to complete while in residence at Vyt (250 word max)
5. RESIDENCY SESSION PREFERENCE
- Sessions are scheduled in relationship to the posted schedule of deadlines.
6. ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS
- Be certain to include the medium, size, date and title for each work
- Include TEN (10) images of your artwork
- You may provide a link to your website