Visit the office for more information.
Visit the office for more information
November 12, 2012
Doreen Booker Bibro
September 10, 2012
July 25, 2012
August 4, 2012
August 10, 2012
May 8, 2012
Dorothy A. Thompson
May 16, 2012
June 9, 2012
Edward E. Boccia
September 3, 2012
Julie Otani Baensch
August 26, 2012
William Koerner, Jr.
September 8, 2012
Mary A. Frey
October 12, 2012
May 8, 2012
July 5, 2012
August 13, 2012
Camila M. Calao
November 12, 2012
November 18, 2012
November 24, 2012
November 28, 2012
Charles K. Scheible
November 30, 2012
December 5, 2012
John C. Scheffler
December 15, 2012
December 29, 2012
Christopher H. Martin
January 16, 2013
Gerry Strasser Hirsch
January 22, 2013
Shirley Kaye Stern
January 24, 2013
Meyer F. Lieberman
January 30, 2013
February 5, 2013
Carolyn Sydell Schiff
February 7, 2013
Mee Sun “Sally” Chan
February 18, 2013
February 10, 2013
Norma S. Lauring
March 13, 2013
Bernard Clendenin Jr.
March 30, 2013
Arthur A. Weymar
January 23, 2013
Irene Aunio Saasto
February 2, 2013
May 11, 2013
For Will Barnet
In his memory, the family has asked that all donations be made to the League for a scholarship fund.To donate online, please use this link. Cilck here to donate.
For Mary A. Frey
In her memory, the family has asked that all donations be made to The Art Students League of New York. Cilck here to donate.
For Gerry Strasser Hirsch
In his memory, the family has asked that donations may be made to the University of Pennsylvania, Center for Frontotemporal Dementia or The Art Students League of New York, Seeds of the League program. Cilck here to donate.
For Carolyn Sydell Schiff
In her memory, the family has asked that donations may be made to The Art Students League of New York. Cilck here to donate.
For Rosalind Yagoda Stern
In her memory, the family has asked that donations be made to the Garden City Jewish Center or The Art Students League of New York. Cilck here to donate.
There are currently more than 3,000 active members of the Art Students League. League members are entitled to a number of benefits and privileges. To name a few, all members have: the right to vote and voice opinions at members' meetings; the right to vote and run for the Board of Control; free access to the late afternoon Life Sketch Classes during the Regular Session; and free mailings of some League publications.
The League does not have current contact information for many of our Members who are not current students. To help us keep our files up-to-date and in-touch, please complete our Member Information UPDATE FORM. Once you SUBMIT the form, it will automatically be e-mailed to the Membership Department. Click here to access form.
Becoming a Member
Please read the document linked here to learn how to apply for League Membership.
Please follow the links below to learn more:
- Free admission to Members’ life sketch classes (Mon.–Fri., 5:00–6:30 p.m.)
- Reduced admission to weekend sketch / painting classes (at $8 per session)
- Voting rights and participation at the League Member Meetings (3 per year: April, October, December)
- Eligibility to serve on the League’s Board of Control
- Eligibility to apply for League grants and scholarships
- List your artist website on the League's site and Pinterest board
- Copies of League publications (Lines from the League, annual Course Catalog, etc.)
- Eligibility to have exhibition information posted in special Members’ display case (Main Hall of the League's 57th Street building) or to list your exhibit online on the League's Pinterest board.
Membership Status Categories
- Regular Member vs. Life Member
After ten years of active membership (upon the eleventh payment of dues) a member will be considered a Life Member of the Art Students League, entitling the member to all the privileges of membership—without any annual dues.
The membership year runs from from September 1 through August 31.
Annual Membership renewal payments, currently $35, are due August 31st of each year, regardless of the date of your initial payment. Please note that membership dues are not the same as the annual student registration fee.
- Lapsed & Dropped Members
Members who do not renew by August 31st become “lapsed." Failure to renew within twelve months results in a member being “dropped.” A dropped member is ineligible for membership benefits and must apply to the Board of Control for reinstatement.
Check Your Membership Status
Please note that Student Registration and Membership are not the same. Visit the office for more information.
- New Members: Nomination must be complete by September 8 for next Members’ Business meeting on October 9.
- Lapsed Members: Renew today!
- Dropped Members: A Reinstatement Request Letter (generated by the Registrars) and signed by the member, must be submitted by the Thursday prior to the monthly Board of Control Meetings. Deadline dates for submission: March 7th, April 4th, May 2nd, and June 6th. There are no meetings scheduled in July and August. Reinstatement will cost $70.
|Member Meeting Dates: 2013
|October 9, 2013
|December 4, 2013
(Dates subject to possible change.)
|Key Dates & Holiday Closings
2012–13 Regular Session
2013 Summer Session
2013–14 Regular Session
Tues., Sept. 4, 2012–Sun., May 26, 2013
Mon., June 3, 2013–Sat., August 17, 2013
Tues., Sept. 3, 2013–Sun., May 25, 2014
Annual Scholarship & Grant Competition
Last Day of 2012–13 Regular Session
NO classes—office only will be open.
Annual Members Meeting
Mon.–Fri., May 20–24, 2013
Sun., May 26, 2013
Mon., May 27, 2013
Tue., May 28 – Fri., May 31, 2013
Sat., June 1 – Sun., June 2, 2013
Thurs., July 4, 2013
Mon., September 2, 2013
Sat., September 14, 2013
Oct. 9, 2013 (tentative): Board Nominations
Dec. 4, 2013 (tentative): Voting for Board
Please include your name and League ID# with all correspondence.