Offer Your Students a New York Experience at the Art Students League
The Art Students League is creating partnerships with a growing number of accredited institutions
that recognize our model of studio art education and will award credit to their students for taking
courses at the League.
The benefits for your students and your institution include:
• The League’s low tuition can provide significant savings for institutions and/or students.
• Students can learn from League instructors—all working professionals—teaching a wide variety of styles and media in drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking and mixed media
• League partnerships offer flexibility and can be structured to meet your institution’s schedule.
• Students have all of New York City as their classroom for art.
• Tuition savings and scheduling options help students accelerate their progress toward a degree.
• Students gain the prestige of studying at the school where many of America’s greatest artists have trained and taught.
• The League’s student exhibitions and professional development programs like Exhibition Outreach help prepare students for professional opportunities.
• The League’s Vytlacil Campus Artist-in-Residence Program provides an environment that frees advanced students from the routine of daily life and allows them to truly focus on their art for an extended period of time.
Located in the heart of Midtown near major museums and galleries, the League is famous as the training-ground for great artists like Jackson Pollock, Lee Krasner, Georgia O’Keeffe, Mark Rothko, Roy Lichtenstein, Will Barnet, James Rosenquist, Ai Weiwei and many others.
The League is growing. In the past few years we have developed a new residency facility in Rockland County (just thirty minutes from Manhattan): the Vytlacil Artist-in-Residence Program. We have also established programs such as Exhibition Outreach, which places work by League students in venues throughout the city, and M2M: Model to Monument, in which selected students design, fabricate and install sculptures in New York City parks.
These program and our 100 core studio art class offerings can help your students grow as artists.
If you are interested in investigating partnerships with the League, please email:
James A. McElhinney
Special Consultant for Academic Affairs and Outreach